Household Hazardous Waste Day
- Usually, happens once each spring and each fall.
- Typically, from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
The spring event is usually held in May at the CMCMUA Transfer Station.
The Transfer Station is located on Shunpike Road in Middle Township.
The fall event is typically held in September at the CMCMUA Sanitary Landfill.
The Sanitary Landfill is located on Route 610 in Woodbine.
- No preregistration is required.
- Check our home page and local newspapers for advertisements as the event day approaches.
We Can Accept:*
- Thinners and Solvents
- Glues and Adhesives
- Gasoline and Other Flammable Liquids
- Photographic Chemicals
- Pesticides and Herbicides
- Pool Chemicals
- Cleaning Products
- Mercury Containing Items
- Automotive Products
*Up to 25 gallons of liquid and/or 100 pounds of dry household hazardous waste will be accepted free per vehicle. Quantities over 25 gallons/100 pounds will be charged $5.00 per gallon/$5.00 per pound. Only Cape May County generated waste will be accepted from households and from schools, government agencies and businesses which are "Conditionally Exempt Generators".
We Can't Accept:
- Unidentified Wastes
- Radioactive Materials
- Waste from Regulated Hazardous Waste Generators (Quantities over 220 lbs. or 28 gallons)
- Aerosol cans of any kind*
*Aerosol cans are not hazardous and may be disposed of as regular trash after the contents have been used.
For further information call:
CMCMUA Solid Waste Dept. (609) 465-9026
Call Anthony Moncman @ Ext. 1260 for more information
Click here for Information Flyer: HHW Day