SYSTEMS SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR
Job Title: SYSTEMS SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR
The Systems Support Administrator is responsible for assisting in the overall technical management of the Authority’s Information Technology systems. This includes asset tracking, configuration, installation, and maintenance of endpoints, servers, printing systems, and other user resources. Endpoints include workstations, interactive display stations, VOIP phones, mobile devices, power distribution devices, and other miscellaneous specialized peripherals. Printing systems include coordinating the setup, user access, repairs and ongoing maintenance both in-house and with a managed print services vendor. Other user resources include specialty devices, such as weigh scale interface equipment, camera systems, signature pads, card swipe readers, network switches and access points, UPS maintenance, etc.
The Systems Support Administrator is responsible for device protection against viruses and malware; installing, testing, and maintaining operating systems and application software; analyzing and diagnosing system failures, documenting changes, and taking corrective action, where needed; monitoring events, such as backup completion, network outages, system failures and other duties, as required.
The Systems Support Administrator is also responsible for assisting in the onboarding and off-boarding process of all system users, and setting up Authority employee’s access control to programs and shared network resources.
The Systems Support Administrator is responsible for the management of the Authority’s Help Desk and IT inventory services, as well as be the point-of-contact for network users when technical problems arise. Including ticket resolutions, problem escalation to other IT Department staff, knowledgebase management, “how-to” spot training and other impromptu requests for assistance.
The Systems Support Administrator works with the IT Infrastructure Architect on technology projects, providing support during installations and in troubleshooting communication issues, networking equipment, server-based systems, etc.
- Minimum of an Associate's degree from an accredited college with major coursework in information services and/or equivalent relevant workplace experience.
- Routing and protocols, wireless technologies, and programming knowledge are a plus.
- Have and maintain at least one of the following industry certifications: CCNA, Comptia Network+, MCSA, Comptia A+, Comptia Security+, or equivalent level certification.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the required knowledge, skill, and abilities.
- Two to four years of increasingly responsible experience in an Information Services capacity including end user support, with emphasis on personal computers, multi-network, multi-user Local Area networks (LAN), and/or Wide Area Network (WAN) environments.
- Experience with Office technology, Database design, and reporting, and phone system administration (VOIP).
- Mobile Device Management (smartphones, tablets, etc.) configuration and support.
Must have knowledge of:
- Operations, services, and activities of a comprehensive Technology Services Department.
- Archiving and database systems for Email and Document preservation.
- Countermeasures for dealing with network security and virus protection.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Computer Desktop and server systems: Virtual and Standalone.
- Various smart devices for mobile use ( i.e. Android, Windows, Apple IOS)
- Basic understanding of Open Systems Interconnection model OSI (ISO/IEC 7498-1) and TCP/IP
- Active Directory Management (Windows Server 2012 and above).
- Basic understanding of Ethernet switching, wireless access points, and network routing.
- Cabling systems: Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a, Fiber Optic, etc.
- Office filing systems, both manual and software-driven.
- Microsoft Office at an advanced level, including Word, Excel, and Excel Query. Familiarity with MS Visio, Crystal Reports, SQL, Google Apps, and other productivity software.
Must be a New Jersey resident or establish primary residency in New Jersey within one year. Qualified applicants can submit resume to Human Resources Department, Cape May County Municipal Utilities Authority, 1523 Route 9 North, Cape May Court House, NJ 08210. firstname.lastname@example.org. An Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Online Download Application